These 30-minute roasted tomatoes are so versatile that you can use them to top pizzas and sandwiches or stir them into salads and grains.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–1/2 – 2 pounds assorted tomatoes, cherry & grape tomatoes halved, larger tomatoes sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Arrange the tomatoes in a single layer. Drizzle them with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes before checking on the tomatoes. They should be wrinkled, but still juicy. If not, let them cook another 5 minutes.
- Warm tomatoes can be used immediately.
- Cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
To freeze the tomatoes, place them on a wax paper-lined sheet pan or plate in the freezer. Once they are frozen, transfer them to an airtight bag or container.