Roasting the veggies side-by-side on a single sheet pan makes this 30-minute tomato zucchini orzo a simple recipe that just needs a few spoonfuls of pesto stirred in to finish it.
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Grated Parmesan for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the tomatoes and zucchini with olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a sheet pan with the tomatoes cut-side up. Roast for 25-30 minutes until the tomatoes are wrinkled slightly but still juicy and the zucchini is golden brown at the edges.
- While the tomatoes and zucchini are in the oven, cook the orzo until al dente according to package instructions. Drain and transfer the orzo to a large bowl. Stir in the pesto.
- Carefully fold the tomatoes, zucchini and chives into the orzo.
- Top with grated Parmesan before serving.