The greens in this easy arugula salad with Parmesan are lightly dressed in a beautiful lemon vinaigrette. It’s the kind of you can serve as a side dish with pretty much anything.
- For vinaigrette
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For salad
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, mustard, honey, salt and pepper until fully combined in a small bowl.
- Combine the arugula and Parmesan in a large bowl. Drizzle in the desired amount of vinaigrette, tossing to combine. (The recipe makes about 3 ounces of vinaigrette. You will not need all of it for the salad).
Store leftover vinaigrette in an airtight container like a jar in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Only toss the amount of salad in vinaigrette that you are planning to eat in that meal.
Keywords: arugula salad, lemon vinaigrette