Scallions, crumbled goat cheese, chopped pistachios, sunflower seeds, chives and mint are the finishing touches in this butternut squash & cauliflower quinoa.
- For quinoa
- 2 cups peeled & cubed butternut squash
- 1 pound cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup tri-color quinoa
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint
- For vinaigrette
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the squash and cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper on a sheet pan and spread into a single layer. Roast for 25-30 minutes until the squash is tender and the cauliflower is starting to brown.
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork and let the quinoa cool for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, squash, cauliflower, scallions, goat cheese, pistachios, sunflower seeds, chives and mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil. Stir the vinaigrette into the quinoa.