Plan to buy more Halloween candy than you need for trick-or-treaters just to make sure you have enough leftover for a batch of candy bar blondies either before or after the holiday.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted plus more for greasing pan
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2–1/2 cups chopped chocolate candies (Snickers, M & Ms, Milky Ways, Hershey Bars, peanut butter cups)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch baking pan with butter and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter, both sugars, eggs and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold 2 cups candy into the batter and spread in an even layer into the prepared baking pan. Press the remaining candy on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the blondies are golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container.