Cauliflower pizza crust is nutty and soft unlike “normal” pizza. It’s a fantastic veggie-filled, gluten-free pizza that works with any toppings.
- 1–1/4 pounds cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it resembles crumbs. In a large bowl, stir together the cauliflower, almond meal, Parmesan, eggs, salt and pepper. Pat the dough into two 10-inch-diameter circles, one on each prepared sheet pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
I roasted thinly sliced zucchini in the oven for 10 minutes while baking the pizza. I spread tomato sauce on the crust and topped it with zucchini, arugula, micro greens, shaved Parmesan and dollops of pesto.
For a traditional cheese pizza, I spread tomato sauce and sprinkled on shredded mozzarella. I put the pizza under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese.