A sheet pan of roasted cauliflower with a spicy marinade is all you need for this simple vegetarian taco recipe with black beans and avocado crema.
- For tacos
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), leaves removed, bottom stem trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chipotle pepper, roughly chopped, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotles en adobo
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For avocado crema
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For serving
- 1–15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8–10 flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the cauliflower into 1/2-inch thick slices. Break up any larger pieces of cauliflower.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, chopped chipotles and sauce, lime juice, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper.
- Stir the cauliflower into the marinade.
- Spread the cauliflower across a sheet pan in a single layer. Roast for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until browned at the edges.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make the avocado crema. Combine the avocado, yogurt, lime juice, water, cilantro, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- To assemble the tacos, fill the warmed tortillas with roasted cauliflower, black beans, radishes and cilantro. Generously dollop on the avocado crema. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
You can also use sweet potatoes, butternut squash, bell peppers or red onions to make roasted vegetable tacos.
Shredded cabbage can be substituted for sliced radishes.
To turn this recipe into tacos bowls, skip the tortillas. Then serve with cilantro lime rice, beans, avocado crema, radishes and shredded cabbage.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. The avocado crema should be in a separate jar. Warm the cauliflower in the microwave or on a baking sheet in a 350-degree F oven for 7-10 minutes.
Keywords: cauliflower tacos, vegetarian tacos