The perfect seasoning blend is all you need to for an oven roasted dry rubbed turkey breast that’s worthy of Thanksgiving dinner or any meal.
- For dry rub
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- For turkey
- 1 8-pound bone-in turkey breast
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, thyme, oregano, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Place the turkey breast skin side up on a rack inside a roasting pan. Rub the spice mixture on the entire turkey breast including underneath the skin. Let the turkey sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roast the turkey for 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees F and continue roasting for 1 to 1-1/2 hours until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast is 165 degrees F. Let the turkey rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: best turkey seasoning, turkey dry rub, spices for turkey