With grapes, Manchego cheese, walnuts and Dijon mustard vinaigrette, this kale apple salad has something more than greens in every bite.
- 2 bunches Lacinato kale
- 4 Pink Lady Apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 ounce Manchego cheese, shaved
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove the ribs from the kale and finely chop the leaves. Place them in a large bowl with the apples, grapes, walnuts, Manchego and chives
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the olive oil, champagne vinegar, mustard, shallots, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Toss the vinaigrette in the salad before serving.