With white balsamic vinegar & red pepper flakes, keep marinated roasted sweet peppers in the fridge to transform pastas, eggs, grains & more.
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the peppers with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast the peppers until their skins are wrinkled and they are charred, about 30-35 minutes flipping halfway through cooking.
- Place the peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the peppers steam for 10-15 minutes. Peel off the skins and remove the stems. Split the peppers on half and remove the seeds.
- With the peppers in a bowl, stir in the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.