This no-churn triple chocolate ice cream doesn’t require an ice cream maker or any special equipment, and it still turns out rich and creamy.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces finely chopped milk chocolate
- 2 ounces finely chopped white chocolate
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Melt 8 ounces roughly chopped chocolate in the microwave in 30-second blasts stirring to distribute the heat.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 inch of water to a low simmer. Place the eggs and sugar in a heatproof bowl on the saucepan and use an electric mixer to whisk until the mixture is pale yellow and has doubled in volume. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt. Fold the melted chocolate, heavy cream milk chocolate and white chocolate into the egg mixture. Pour into a quart-sized container, cover and freeze until firm.