This simple, sweet and spiced pear ginger compote with apples and orange juice can be served with yogurt, granola, waffles and more.
- 4 Bosc pears, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 Pink Lady apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a medium saucepan, combine the pears, apples, ginger, sugar and orange juice. Cook the fruit over medium heat until tender, occasionally stirring and mashing with a wooden spoon, about 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.