No surprise, these pomegranate margaritas turn out bright fuchsia. Each glass is garnished with the expected salt plus sliced jalapeños.
- 1–3/4 cups chilled pomegranate juice
- Kosher salt
- 1–1/2 cups silver tequila
- 1 cup triple sec
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- Ice cubes
- 8 lime slices for garnish
- 1 jalapeño, sliced thinly for garnish
- Pour 1/4 cup pomegranate juice into a bowl wide enough for a margarita glass. Spread the kosher salt on a small plate. Dip the rims of the margarita glasses into the juice and then into the salt.
- In a large pitcher, combine the remaining pomegranate juice, tequila, triple sec and lime juice. In batches, shake in a cocktail shaker with ice and strain into the glasses. Garnish with a lime slice and jalapeños before serving.
Adapted from Food & Wine November 2005