With sweet potatoes, bell peppers, cabbage and broccoli, this quick and easy rainbow vegetable peanut stir-fry is full of flavor and crunch.
- For sauce
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoison sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- For stir-fry
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly, white and green parts separated
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
- For the sauce, whisk together the peanut butter, water, soy sauce, hoison sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the ends off the sweet potatoes, so they are flat. Then run them through a spiralizer. (If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a julienne peeler.)
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat and add the vegetable oil swirling to coat. When the oil is shimmering, add the ginger, garlic, and the white parts of the scallions. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sweet potatoes, broccoli, peppers and cabbage. Sauté for 5-6 minutes until the sweet potatoes and peppers are cooked but still crisp and the broccoli is bright green.
- Add the peanut sauce and sauté for 1-2 minutes until it has finished bubbling. Garnish with the green parts of the scallions and peanuts before serving.