Make the most of multi-tasking and prep the pasta and while the veggies are in the oven for this easy roasted romanseco arugula pasta with lemon and garlic.
- 2 heads Romanesco or 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces, cavatappi, fusilli or gemelli pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 ounces baby arugula (about 2 handfuls)
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim the leaves and stem from the romanesco and break it into small florets. On a sheet pan, toss the romanesco with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper and spread into an even layer, making sure the florets are not overlapping. Roast for 20-25 minutes until the romanesco is brown at the edges.
- While the romanesco is roasting, cook the pasta until al dente according the package instructions.
- In the last couple minutes the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pasta from the pot to the skillet along with the romanesco. Stir in the lemon juice and arugula. Then fold in the pecorino and red pepper flakes.