With rainbow carrots, butternut squash, sweet potatoes and chickpeas, roasted vegetable hummus quinoa bowls put sheet pans to work for a healthy vegan meal.
- 1 pound rainbow carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, halved lengthwise, deseeded and diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1–1/2 cups hummus
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F with two racks positioned in the center of the oven.
- Toss the carrots, squash and sweet potatoes in 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Spread into a single layer on two sheet pans.
- Toss the chickpeas with 1 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and spread into a single layer on another sheet pan. Roast the vegetables and chickpeas for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the chickpeas are crispy and golden brown.
- While the vegetables and chickpeas are in the oven, cook the quinoa. Bring the water and quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Spoon the vegetables, chickpeas and quinoa into bowls. Top with about 1/4 cup hummus and sprinkle with chives.