Ready in about a half hour, sheet pan portobello pepper fajitas are perfect for busy weeknights. Serve them with store-bought salsa to keep things simple.
- 1 tablespoon chipotles en adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 portobello mushroom caps , sliced 1/2-inch-thick
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 8 tortillas, warmed
- Cilantro, chopped and whole leaves for serving
- Salsa for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the adobo sauce, vegetable oil, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms, peppers and onions, gently tossing to coat.
- Spread the peppers and onions in a single layer on a sheet pan. On another sheet pan, arrange the mushrooms and onions in a single layer.
- Roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes until browned and caramelized at the edges. About halfway through cooking, toss the peppers and flip the mushrooms and onions. Serve with tortillas, cilantro and salsa.