Think of spicy roasted vegetable egg cups as mini frittatas with a touch of harissa. They make great leftovers with a salad. Or feed a crowd!
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley plus more for serving
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 9 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1–2 teaspoons harissa
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the peppers, sweet potatoes and zucchini with olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Roast until the vegetables are starting to brown at the edges and the sweet potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Let the vegetables cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a 12-cup muffin pan greased with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the parsley and scallions into the muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, harissa and remaining salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups until they are 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the eggs have puffed up and are set.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled from the fridge. Garnish with additional chopped parsley before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.