Brushed in a marinade including garlic, ginger, honey and lime juice, these spicy sriracha lime shrimp cook in minutes on skewers on a hot grill. Serve them as an appetizer or pair them with rice for a main dish.
- 1–2 tablespoons Sriracha (depending on desired spiciness)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill for medium-high heat
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Sriracha, honey, lime juice, oil, ginger, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Thread the shrimp on skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes.) Brush the sriracha mixture on the shrimp. Grill until pink, opaque and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
You can also cook these indoors on a grill pan on the stove.