Meyer lemons, a cross between a lemon and a Mandarin orange, are the special twist in this refreshing strawberry lemonade.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4–1/2 cups water
- 1 cup Meyer lemon juice, about 10 lemons and zest of 2 lemons in strips
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Combine the sugar, 1 cup water and lemon zest in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the sugar has fully dissolved. Remove the lemon zest and transfer the syrup to a container to cool to room temperature.
- Puree the strawberries in a blender with 1/2 cup water. Strain the puree and transfer to a pitcher. Add the sugar syrup, lemon juice and remaining water.
- Chill the lemonade in the refrigerator and serve over ice