No need for herbs in this vegan kale arugula pesto with lemon juice, walnuts and nutritional yeast. Use it on anything from pasta to pizza to roasted veggies.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1–1/2 cups packed chopped kale
- 1 cup packed arugula
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup olive oil
- Mince the garlic cloves in a food processor. Add the kale, arugula, lemon juice, walnuts, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and finely chop. With the motor running, drizzle the olive oil through the feeder tube processing until the pesto is combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.