Served warm or cold, this grilled nectarine halloumi couscous with olives and plenty of fresh herbs is a vegetarian main that’s tasty as leftovers, too.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 nectarines, each pitted and sliced into 6–8 wedges
- 4 ounces halloumi, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups mixed olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley and cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the couscous, cumin, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Pour in the boiling water, cover and wait 8-10 minutes for the water to absorb. Then fluff the grains with a fork.
- Preheat a non-stick grill pan over medium high heat.
- Grill the nectarines until they have grill marks, about 1-2 minutes per side. When the fruit is cool enough to handle, chop the nectarines into chunks.
- Grill the halloumi until each slice has golden brown grill marks, about 2-3 minutes per side. When it has cooled slightly, dice the halloumi.
- Fold the nectarines, halloumi, olives, scallions, parsley and cilantro into the couscous.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review