With a honey balsamic marinade, this roasted red cabbage is an easy recipe with simple ingredients that is an incredibly versatile side dish. You’ll never overlook this vegetable again.
- 1 head red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the bottom off the cabbage and cut it in half lengthwise. Then cut it into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. If possible, it helps to do this in a wide shallow bowl with a flat bottom.
- Dip each cabbage slice on both sides in the marinade. Place the slices on a sheet pan in a single layer. They should not be touching or overlapping.
- Roast the cabbage for 20-25 minutes until browned in spots and caramelized at the edges.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
The cabbage is best served warm. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days. They are best eaten cold.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.8 g
- Fiber: 6.1 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted red cabbage, roasted cabbage