The sauce on this roasted cauliflower and chickpeas with herby tahini is pure magic. Try these veggies as a vegan side or main or as a flatbread topping.
- For cauliflower and chickpeas
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves removed, bottom stem trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–15 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- For herby tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 cup fresh parsley and cilantro leaves plus more chopped for serving
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3–4 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise into 3/4-inch slices. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the cauliflower and chickpeas into the mixture.
- Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on a sheet pan. Put the chickpeas in the spaces in between the cauliflower. Roast for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until the cauliflower is browned at the edges and the chickpeas are crispy.
- For the herby tahini, mince the garlic clove in the bowl of a food processor. Add the tahini, parsley and cilantro, scallions, lemon juice, salt and water and process until combined and smooth.
- Drizzle the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas with herby tahini. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and cilantro.
For flatbread, spread hummus and herby tahini on naan or pita and top with cauliflower, chickpeas and chopped parsley and cilantro.
WOW, just made this recipe. We don’t care for cilantro so I subbed in basil I had growing in my garden and absolutely FABULOUS!!! I will also try this on flat bread or some BF Sweet potato wraps . . ..maybe a little grilled chicken too. Yum!
All very tasty – The herby sauce is super delish! Cheers, I’ll deffo make this again.
Do you have nutritional info for the recipe?
I just added it below the recipe instructions.
Wow so flavourful! I love the herby tahini sauce. I’ve shared your recipe with friends.
Oh my! So good! Tried this for WFH lunch for my Vegan Monday’s. Prepped at breakfast and stuck in the oven between meetings. So much flavor. It’s going on my regular rotation…even for my off-vegan days!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, finally new delicious healthy recipes. So exciting!
Wow – this is so fresh and delicious! I didn’t have any fresh herbs, so I subbed a little pesto – was great!
Wow! So delish and very simple and quick. Love the herby tahini sauce.
Loved these flavors! Added some cubed sweet potato bc I only had 1/2 head of cauliflower. So yummy!
Ssoooo good!! The most unbelievable way to eat cauliflower!!
Delish! We doubled the spice quantities, and added mint to the sauce in lieu of scallions which was surprisingly fresh and delicious. Would definitely do again.
This is SO GOOD. Did the cauliflower + chickpeas in the air fryer instead. Only thing I would change is to use double the cauli – it shrinks so much!
The sauce is incredible. I saved the leftovers and drizzled it on my chicken tacos 🙂
I don’t have an air fryer, but I keep wondering if I should get one!
I made this tonight to pair with steaks and it was absolutely fabulous! I needed to add more tahini, water and lemon juice to thin it out and fill up my blender cup a little more for better blending but OMG, it is so good, I will use the extra all week
I enjoy following fresh food recipes that fit my keto meal planning. Unfortunately the cauliflower recipe with chickpeas didn’t make it (nix the chickpeas)! I’ll keep following, unless you can pass anything my way? Thanks! Stay safe. ??
Sounds delish, changing my diet due to arthritis and fybermayalgia, and these recipes will make the change easy.