Made with pantry and fresh ingredients, this sun dried tomato pasta is a super easy recipe that’s perfect for a busy weeknight. But you will love it so much that it’s worthy of a weekend meal too.
- 10 ounces penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 8-ounce jar sun dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- 1–1/2 cups baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook the penne until al dente according package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining in a strainer.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir the pasta into the tomatoes.
- Pour in the reserved pasta cooking water letting it bubble for a couple minutes, stirring to coat the pasta.
- Fold in the Parmesan followed by the arugula.
- Garnish with parsley and additional cheese before serving.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Eat cold with additional greens or warm in the microwave or in a skillet on the stove with a little olive oil.
Keywords: sun dried tomato pasta, sun dried tomato recipes