Smashed pea roasted fingerling potatoes are a spring side that takes advantage of convenient frozen peas, lemon juice and fresh herbs to enhance golden brown potatoes.
- For potatoes
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For smashed peas
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a sheet pan, toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange cut-side down in a single layer.
- Roast the potatoes until golden brown and tender when pierced with a knife, about 40-45 minutes.
- White the potatoes are roasting, simmer the frozen peas in salted boiling water until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the peas to a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper and smash the peas with a potato masher or a fork. Stir in the parsley and chives.
- Fold the potatoes into the smashed peas.