Grilled corn, jalapeños and lime juice are the foundation of this spicy black bean salad. It makes great leftovers and quesadilla filling, too.
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 2–15 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on high heat. Grill the corn, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, about 5-7 minutes. Let the corn cool before cutting the kernels from the cobs. Transfer them to a large bowl.
- Stir in the black beans, jalapenos, cilantro, chives, lime juice, salt and pepper.