Plan ahead the night before breakfast and make bircher muesli with yogurt, oats, shredded apples, dried cranberries, nuts and cinnamon. Chill it in the fridge.
- 2 cups low fat plain yogurt (non-dairy yogurts like coconut, almond or cashew also work)
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Nuts, berries or other fruit for serving
- Combine the yogurt, oats, apple, almonds, cranberries, cinnamon and honey in a medium bowl. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- To serve, divide into 4 bowls and top nuts, and fruit.
I make this too! I like pears in it as well – and a bit of nut butter on top. great photos!
You made our national dish absolutely authentic 🙂 It looks fantastic! We eat it all the time, for a quick lunch or as a pre/post workout snack! So glad you like it!!
This looks so good, I’m always looking for a new way to spice up my morning oatmeal! I can’t wait to try this tomorrow.
Paige – this looks interesting. I have been enjoying yogurt with walnuts and either strawberries or blueberries. This looks heartier.