Scallions, crumbled goat cheese, chopped pistachios, sunflower seeds, chives and mint are the finishing touches in this butternut squash & cauliflower quinoa.
- For quinoa
- 2 cups peeled & cubed butternut squash
- 1 pound cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup tri-color quinoa
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint
- For vinaigrette
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the squash and cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper on a sheet pan and spread into a single layer. Roast for 25-30 minutes until the squash is tender and the cauliflower is starting to brown.
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork and let the quinoa cool for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, squash, cauliflower, scallions, goat cheese, pistachios, sunflower seeds, chives and mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil. Stir the vinaigrette into the quinoa.
Awesome recipe Paige! I have made it several times at home (Ottawa, Canada) We am in Florida on vacation now and we are making this for dinner with my brother and his wife on Wednesday. Great side with salmon 🙂