Topped with red pepper and onion relish, grilled chorizo hot dogs are an upgrade on standard hot dogs. They’re spicy and great for cookouts.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced small
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 chorizo sausages, either lamb or pork
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 handful arugula
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add the red pepper and continue cooking for another 3 minutes until the peppers have softened. Add the sugar, salt, pepper and vinegar and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Set aside. (Note: The relish can be made up to 3 days in advance. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator).
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium high heat.
- Grill the chorizo sausages, turning occasionally, until they are browned and cooked though, about 15 minutes.
- Place a sausage in each of the buns and garnish with arugula and red pepper relish.
We showcase Mouthwatering Collection of World’s Best Recipes to our readers daily and would like to invite you to join our food community and let you to feature your best recipes on our website.
Want to know more? Please Visit https://recipesgawker.com/
Recipes Gawker Team
Paige – my!! the hot dog rolls look like New England rolls!! Wonder where you purchased them in Chicago???!!!!!
Yes, those New England hot dog rolls made it back safely in my suitcase. Squish free!