Looking for a simple vegetarian main? Thread a rainbow of onions, zucchini, yellow squash, red peppers and cheese to make grilled halloumi veggie skewers.
- 1 medium red onion, cut in half and quartered
- 3–4 medium zucchini and yellow squash, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 orange pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound halloumi, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Metal or wood skewers, if wood, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, zucchini, yellow squash, red peppers and halloumi.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, chives, thyme, salt and pepper. Marinate the vegetables and cheese for 20 minutes before threading onto skewers. Reserve the remaining marinade for serving.
- Grill for 10 minutes until the vegetables and halloumi are heated through have grill marks. Serve with extra marinade.
Yum!! I LOVE halloumi. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing!