Cream of mushroom soup is the base for the sauce in this creamy tomato mushroom pasta with diced tomatoes and kale. It is total comfort food.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1–10.5 oz. can Campbell’s® Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1–28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper plus more for serving
- 8 ounces rotini or fusilli pasta
- 1 cup chopped curly kale
- Shaved Parmesan and chopped parsley for serving
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet or sauté pan. Add the onions and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until they start to soften. Add the mince garlic and cook for 30 seconds, letting the garlic turn fragrant.
- Stir in Campbell’s® Cream of Mushroom Soup, diced tomatoes, water, red pepper flakes salt and pepper. Increase the heat and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes until thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering cook the pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Stir the pasta into the sauce coating the noodles. Remove the skillet from the heat and fold in the chopped kale.
- Top the pasta with Parmesan and parsley. Season with black pepper before serving.
You can time the pasta to be ready at the same time as the sauce, so then you can transfer the pasta directly to the sauce.