With a mix of peaches, nectarines, plums and cherries, this stone fruit caprese is a twist on the classic fresh mozzarella and basil Italian summer salad.
- 2 pounds assorted stone fruit (plums, peaches, nectarines & cherries)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn if large
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Halve the plums, peaches and nectarines, Pit the fruit and cut into slices. Halve the cherries and discard the pits. Place the fruit, basil and mozzarella in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and olive oil and then pour over the fruit tossing to combine. Season with salt and pepper.