With avocados and honey balsamic vinaigrette, this pistachio strawberry goat cheese salad is the best combination of savory with a little bit sweet.
- For goat cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup finely chopped raw shelled pistachios
- 2–4 ounce goat cheese logs, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- For vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- For salad
- 5 ounces baby kale or spinach
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small red onion finely sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped raw shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Dip the goat cheese rounds into the egg mixture and then into the pistachios, coating the cheese with nuts on all sides. Place the goat cheese on the prepared sheet pan and bake for 7 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- While the goat cheese rounds are baking, make the vinaigrette. Combine the honey, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the baby kale, strawberries, avocado, red onions, chopped pistachios and chives. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Plate the salad and top with goat cheese rounds.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 599
- Sugar: 10 g
- Fat: 49.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.7 g
- Fiber: 9.2 g
- Protein: 21.2 g
- Cholesterol: 26.1 mg