Looking for an easy lunch or dinner? Try loaded southwestern sweet potatoes topped with a mix of sautéed red peppers, jalapenos, corn, black beans and salsa.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded & minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1–15 ounce can sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped cilantro for serving
- Salsa for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and place on a foil-lined sheet pan. Bake until tender and cooked through, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften and turn translucent. Add the minced jalapeños, garlic and red peppers and continue sautéing for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the black beans, sweet corn, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Halve the sweet potatoes. Top with the sautéed veggies, cilantro, and salsa.