Try these easy anytime red pepper olive goat cheese biscuits with eggs for breakfast, to go with a salad for lunch or for a twist on dinner rolls.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 ounces (1–1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk plus more for brushing biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, salt, pepper and baking powder. Rub the butter into the flour mixture using your fingers, a fork or a pastry blender until the butter resembles pea-sized clumps distributed through the flour. Stir in the red peppers, olives, goat cheese and parsley.
In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and buttermilk. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to create a shaggy dough. The dough will turn into clumps. Then press it together with your hands.
Drop the dough in 1/4-cup-full in mounds on the sheet pans spreading them 3 inches apart. Brush the tops of the biscuits with buttermilk.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Biscuits are best eaten the day they are baked. Store in an airtight container and refresh in a 300 degree F oven for 5 minutes.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review