With white whole wheat flour, this chocolate tahini banana bread is full of whole grains. It’s topped with black & white sesame seeds.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 6 ounces white whole-wheat flour (about 1–1/2 cups)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1–1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup tahini, well stirred
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat together the bananas, yogurt, tahini, butter, vanilla extract and eggs. Beat in both sugars until combined. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and transfer to the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Cooking Light May 2017
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review