The cherry tomatoes and greens for this tomato kale pesto frittata are sautéed in garlic and scallions before it’s baked in the oven. A total flavor boost!
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white parts and green parts separated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1–1/2 cups torn curly kale
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Minced chives for serving
- Shaved Parmesan for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pesto, salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a 10-inch non-stick ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the garlic and the white parts of the scallions until they are translucent and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Sauté the tomatoes for 3 minutes until they get juicy and start to wrinkle. Add the kale and continue cooking letting the greens wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the egg mixture. Wait for the eggs to start to set at the edges, about 2-4 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until just set in the middle.
- Top the frittata with the green scallions, chives and Parmesan before serving.