With walnuts and apple chips, this apple cider granola goes all in on apple while being crunchy and toasty. Serve it with yogurt, just milk or a mix of fruit.
- 1 crisp apple, cored
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F. Line two sheet pans with parchment.
- Slice the apple 1/8-inch or thinner using a mandolin. Place the apple slices in a single layer on the prepared sheet pans. Bake the apples for 1-1/2 hours until they are dried and brown. Set aside to cool before roughly chopping.
- Increase the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, salt, walnuts, honey, apple cider and vanilla extract. Spread the mixture onto a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes and toss the granola. Continue baking for 15 minutes until golden brown checking the granola every 5 minutes to make sure it does not burn.
- Allow the granola to cool and then mix in the dried apple.
- Store in an airtight container.
I just made this last night and it is delicious! Thanks for the recipe!
Heather–I’m so glad it was delicious!