This chunky granola is made with tahini and sesame seeds. It’s sweetened with honey and maple syrup, so it’s a healthy homemade granola recipe.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup black and white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, sesame seeds, pistachios, cinnamon, cardamom and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, honey, tahini and vanilla extract until warmed and smooth.
- Stir into the oats until the mixture is evenly damp.
- Spoon the oat mixture in a mound in the center of the prepared sheet pan. Press it down using a wooden spoon. You also place a piece of wax paper on it to press it down with your hands. The oats should be packed down tight.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes until golden brown. If the granola starts to get too dark at the edges, cover those areas with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Let the granola cool completely before breaking into chunks.
You can use all white or all black sesame seeds.
If you want the granola to be vegan, use all maple syrup instead of a combination of honey and maple syrup.
Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Serve the granola as a snack. Or put it into a bowl with milk or yogurt and fruit.
Keywords: chunky granola, homemade granola, healthy granola
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review