This chunky sesame seed granola is a healthier version that’s refined sugar free. Try it with yogurt and fruit or on it’s own for a crunchy, filling snack.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup black and white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, sesame seeds, pistachios, cinnamon, cardamom and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, honey, tahini and vanilla extract until warmed and smooth. Stir into the oats until the mixture is evenly damp.
- Spoon the oat mixture in a mound in the center of the prepared sheet pan. Press it down using a wooden spoon or your hands with a sheet of wax paper on top.
- The oats should be packed down tight.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes until golden brown. If the granola starts to get too dark at the edges, cover those areas with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Let the granola cool completely before breaking into chunks.
- Store in an airtight container.