Try this gluten-free buckwheat granola in a bowl splashed with almond milk and piled high with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.
- 1 cup raw buckwheat
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Almond milk for serving
- Berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries) for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the buckwheat, almonds, pepitas and lemon juice. Cover with water and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper. Drain the buckwheat mixture and place in a large bowl. Stir in the sesame seeds, chia seeds, cranberries, ginger, maple syrup and coconut oil. Spread the granola on the prepared sheet pans. Bake until golden brown and crunchy, about 40-45 minutes.
- Let the granola cool and break the chunks into smaller pieces. Serve with almond milk and berries. Store the granola in an airtight container.
Adapted from Donna Hay