With roasted sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and toasted multigrain bread, this fall panzanella salad is full of filling autumn flavors.
- For salad
- 1/2 loaf seedy multigrain bread (about 6 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds) peeled and diced
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1 handful baby greens
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- For vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the bread, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper on a sheet pan and spread into a single layer. Bake for 12-15 minutes until toasted and golden brown.
- Toss the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Spread on 2 sheet pans, and roast for 25 minutes until the sprouts are browned at the edges and the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Place the toasted bread, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl. Stir in the baby greens and chives.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil garlic, salt and pepper. Toss with the salad.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review