Chili lime roasted root vegetables go with almost any main dish no matter the feature protein. Heat and citrus are good flavors to pair with a big meal.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds root vegetables, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips and red onions cut with root left intact)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together half the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add the root vegetables stirring to coat.
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast 40-45 minutes until browned on the outside and tender in the middle. Toss with the remaining lime juice and cilantro before serving.