Leaving the peaches and corn raw in this herby peach corn farro with pistachio parsley pesto makes this simple vegan side dish so crisp and fresh.
- For farro
- 1 cup farro
- 3 cups water
- 2 peaches, pitted and diced
- 2 ears corn, shucked and kernels sliced off
- 1 scallions, thinly sliced
- For pistachio parsley pesto
- 1 garlic, clove
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup raw shelled pistachios
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a small saucepan over high heat, combine the farro and water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer the farro for 10 minutes until the grains are tender. Drain any remaining water and transfer the farro to a large bowl.
- While the farro is simmering, make the pistachio parsley pesto. Mince the garlic in a food processor. Add the parsley, pistachios, salt, pepper and olive oil and puree until the mixture is fully combined and the nuts are very finely chopped.
- Stir the pesto into the farro. Then fold in the peaches, corn and scallions.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.