A vegetarian pantry dinner plus arugula and spinach this pasta with baby greens, beans and walnuts is a quick and easy 20-minute meal.
- 12 ounces short pasta (farfalle, rotelle, fusilli, orecchiette, penne)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1–15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2–1/2 ounces baby greens (arugula and spinach)
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan plus shaved Parmesan for serving
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the pasta until al dente according to package instructions. If you are using multiple shapes, cook them in one pot of salted boiling water starting with the pasta that takes the longest and adding shapes per their recommended cook-time, with the quickest being added last. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes until fragrant and golden brown.
- Stir the garlic-infused olive oil, beans, baby greens), walnuts, Parmesan, lemon zest, salt and pepper into the pasta. Top with shaved Parmesan before serving.