This parsley pesto will make you think twice before always reaching for basil leaves. It’s bright and citrusy with lemon, garlic and walnuts.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 ounce grated Parmesan (about 1/4 cup)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4–1/3 cup olive oil
- Mince the garlic in a food processor or blender.
- Add the parsley leaves, walnuts, Parmesan, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Process until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil through the feeder tube until the pesto is pureed and combined.
Toss the pesto with cooked pasta. You can also add a splash of the pasta cooking water and stir it all together.
You can double this recipe.
Store the pesto in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
To keep the pesto longer, you can freeze it up to 4 months in a single container or portion it out into ice cube trays. Thaw it at room temperature.
Keywords: parsley pesto