These raspberry spelt muffins have a tender, light crumb. You can swap out the raspberries and use blueberries, blackberries, strawberries or a mix instead.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1–1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon old-fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, and then the vanilla extract and yogurt until fully combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients followed by the raspberries. Divide the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar and oats. Bake for 22-25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool the muffins for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Ripe by Nigel Slater
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review