With both green and red cabbage, this apple cabbage salad is a mix of crisp apples, walnuts and blue cheese tossed in champagne vinaigrette.
- For salad
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 crisp apples, cut into matchsticks (Pink Lady, Honeycrisp)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- For dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, apples, scallions, walnuts, blue cheese and parsley.
- For the dressing, whisk together the garlic, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing into the salad, tossing to coat.
You can use pre-cut shredded cabbage.
Keywords: apple cabbage slaw, cabbage salad with apples, apple cabbage salad