Crunchy and nutty, this Asian cabbage salad is a mix of purple and green cabbage, carrots, peppers and cilantro with an irresistible almond ginger vinaigrette.
- For salad
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shredded or julienned carrots (matchstick size)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise into matchsticks
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- For dressing
- 1 tablespoon natural almond butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the cabbage, carrots, peppers, scallions, cilantro, almonds and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, whisk together the almond butter, ginger, garlic, lime juice, oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing into the salad tossing to coat.
You can use a pre-shredded bagged coleslaw mix for a shortcut for the cabbage, carrots and peppers.
Keywords: cabbage salad, asian cabbage salad, cabbage salad recipes