These roasted root vegetable tacos are tossed in a hot dried seasoning blend. To balance out the heat, I top them with cilantro lime crema.
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups root vegetables, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1–15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves plus more for garnish
- Sliced red chilis for garnish
- 6–8 flour tortillas, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss the vegetables in the oil and spice mix. Roast for 30 minutes until tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, place the yogurt, lime juice and cilantro in a blender or food processor and mix until fully combined.
- Combine the roasted vegetables and black beans before serving with tortillas and topping with cilantro lime crema and cilantro leaves.
Keywords: tacos, root vegetables, roasted vegetables, sheet pan recipes